Todd's Texas-style BBQ Pulled Pork
This secret recipe straight out of the South is so finger-lickin' good, it will change the way you roast your Pork forever; to the good ol' Texas Style!
- Pre-heat oven to about 120 degrees celsius. Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and roughly mix through with your hands to make a dry rub.
- With the roast scored, take the spice mix and rub all over the pork and leave in the fridge overnight if time permits. If not, just do it prior to roasting. Either way take the pork out of the fridge and leave at room temp for 30 min before roasting.
- In a large pan heat 2 tbsp of oil on a medium heat and brown the pork all over. MMMM smell those flavours.....
- Wrap the pork nice and tight in 2-3 layers of foil and place on a roasting tray.
- Put in the oven for about 4-5 hours depending on the size (45 min per 1/2 kg).
- Remove foil and leave roast in oven for a further 30 minutes. Then take out of the oven and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Pull the pork apart with a fork and serve with some delicious roast veggies or coleslaw, the BBQ sauce, a crusty roll, and a nice cold lager!!! Texas Style!!