Festive Pork Loin Roast
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
- Lay pork loin roast flat rind side down on a wooden board.
- Combine the lemon zest and lemon, lemon thyme, sage leaves, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a mortar and pestle to a rough paste.
- Spread the mixture over the surface of the pork, roll and string in a log shape. Allow to marinate refrigerated for up to 48 hours.
- Place loin roast onto a rack inside a baking dish and rub the rind with olive oil and flaked salt.
- Roast the pork loin in the pre-heated oven at 220°C for 30 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 180°C for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow rest for 10-15 minutes prior to slicing.
- In a small saucepan place the dates, thyme, sliced lemon and runny honey. Heat over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Slice pork and serve with sweet dates and hot roasted vegetables.